How to Make Coffee Like the Turkish?
Turkish cuisines and beverages are enjoyed by many people throughout the Middle East. When it comes to Turkish coffee, travellers across the world love sipping on this unique drink. It has a distinct flavour and a highly addictive aroma that will leave you wanting more. The good news is that you can prepare Turkish coffee at home without booking a flight all the way to Turkey! Make sure you follow all the steps and you will master the art of making Turkish coffee without any hassle.
How to Make Turkish Coffee at Home?
The key to achieving the perfect Turkish coffee is to use a cezve. Cezve refers to a conical pot made up of brass or copper with a long handle attached to it. Moreover, most Turkish cafes prefer using a brass grinder to make very fine ground coffee that looks like dark brown powder. Once the coffee is ready, it is poured into small cups for serving purposes.
Here is the list of ingredients and steps to prepare homemade Turkish coffee.
Things You Will Need
- 1 teaspoon of coffee (powdered)
- 50ml of water
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- A cezve (ibrik)
- A small cup
- A spoon
Steps to Follow
- Pour water into the cezve and add sugar. Stir well until the sugar blends into the water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil for at least 5 minutes.
- Once you notice bubbles forming on top, remove from heat and add coffee into the mixture.
- Boil the mixture again for at least 1 to 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, remove the cezve from heat and use a spoon to remove the foam on top.
- Stir the coffee mixture and leave it for a minute to allow the undissolved coffee particles to settle down.
- Once the powder settles to the bottom of the cezve, add 2 teaspoons of cold water to the coffee for a slightly warm temperature.
- Pour the coffee into a small cup and serve!
You may require some time and extra effort to achieve a great taste and quality of Turkish coffee at home. You can jazz up your Turkish coffee by adding more flavours. Add cinnamon and cardamom to a grinder and use a teaspoon of their powder in your coffee while it boils. Moreover, the secret to achieving the perfect Turkish coffee is to grind freshly roasted coffee beans from Arabica Beans. Check out their online store to get your hands on a wide range of whole beans such as decaf coffee beans, Colombian dark roast coffee beans, and Kenyan roasted coffee beans at an affordable price. In addition, you can subscribe and get an extra 10% discount on all products. So, hurry up and place your order today to experience Turkish coffee culture in London.